Welcome to The Landscape Department
Hillermann’s Landscape Design Personnel are continuously improving their knowledge and skills by attending seminars/workshops on both products and methods. They have many years of experience and a wide range of specialties, which they use to provide designs that fit your needs, lifestyle, and budget. Let Hillermann’s Design Personnel help you create an Outdoor Living Space that will be the envy of all who see it.
- Landscape Consultation, Design & Installation
- Hardscape Design & Installation
- Landscape Maintenance & Mowing
- Lawn, Shrub & Tree Maintenance
- Irrigation Design, Installation & Repair
- Landscape Lighting, Design, Installation & Maintenance
- Finish Grading, Seeding, Sodding & Drainage
SUBMIT YOUR LANDSCAPE/ IRRIGATION REQUEST
Keith Kennedy – Landscape Superintendent
Melvin Voss – Landscape Foreman
Landscape Office Hours:
Mon – Fri: 7am -4:30pm
Hillermann’s landscape designers focus on projects that range in size from small residential to large commercial. Within that large diversity of project sizes, the designers offer a wide range of landscape design options that include, but are not limited to:
Softscape Design –
- Rain gardens
- Vegetable Gardens
- Ornamental Tree, Shrub and Perennial Landscapes
- Native Tree, Shrub and Perennial Landscapes
Hardscape Design –
- Retaining and Free Standing Walls
- Fire Pits – Fireplaces
Outdoor Kitchen Design –
- Pub tables
Water Feature Design –
- Bubbling Boulders
- Pondless Water Features
- Ponds; Waterfalls
- Dry Creek Beds
Hillermann’s Landscape Designers offer two types of Design Consultations:
- Full Consultation – The designer will meet you at your home to talk about your wants and needs. The designer will take measurements and photos which they will use to create a full color landscape plan of the proposed project. After the plan and estimate are complete, you will meet again with the designer to look at materials and make any changes necessary. The full consultation costs $75.00.
- In-House Design Consultation – You will have a one-time, FREE 30 minute consultation with a designer. You, the customer, will provide the measurements and photos the designer will then use to create a black and white landscape plan.
Hillermann’s full line of Landscape Maintenance Services is offered to keep your landscape looking its best.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Spring Clean-up (cut off ornamental grasses, liriope, and any other spent foliage on perennials )
- Applying fresh mulch
- Spring and fall application of Pre-emergent for weed control
- Granular fertilizer application for shrubs and turf (Dry Feed)
- Weed pulling and round-up spraying (all season long)
- Lawn mowing
- Annual plantings of pansies, annuals, mums, bulbs etc. (seasonal color)
- Trimming/Hand pruning shrubs
- Fall Clean-up (clean up annuals, spent foliage on perennials and leaf clean up)
Landscape Lawn & Shrub Maintenance
We offer professional knowledge of lawn, shrub and tree care and personal service to our customers. All of Hillermann’s application staff are licensed by the State of Missouri to perform pesticide and turf applications in a safe and professional manner.
Hillermann Lawn Program
Step 1: Late February / March – Fertilization with Pre-emergent
This step is a dry granular application and will provide lawn fertilization as well as helping with crabgrass control.
Step 2: March / April – 1st Weed Spray
This step is a liquid application and will be a blanket coverage for broadleaf control.
Step 3: Late April / Early May – Grub and Insect Control
This step is a dry granular application and will target non-beneficial species of grubs and insects at an early development stage. This is attached to a fertilizer carrier.
Step 4: May / June – 2nd Weed Spray
This step is a liquid application and will be a spot spray on areas as needed for continued broadleaf control.
Step 5: September – Fertilization
This step is a dry granular application and will provide lawn fertilization.
Step 6: October / November – Fertilization with Pre / Post emergent
This step is a dry granular application and will provide lawn fertilization with a Pre/Post emergent to target cold season weeds and help with weed control in the spring.
Step 7: ( Optional ) November / December – Iron supplementation / Pelletized Lime
This step can be on an as needed basis for different lawn requirements. Please call for estimate.
*Steps 1 and 6 will effect over-seeding results.
Please call our office at 636-239-6729 for details.
Landscape Lighting is used to enhance the architectural features of your home along with the important elements of the landscape after dusk. Along with enhancement, lighting is also used to extend the useful hours of the landscape and to create a brighter and therefore safer space.
- Spot & Flood Lights
- Hardscape Lights
- Path Lights
- Deck lights
- Submersible Lights ( For Water Features)
- Back Flow Testing
- Troubleshooting & Repair
- Spring Start-up
- Seasonal Maintenance
- Drip Irrigation
- Irrigation and Utility Locates
- Irrigation Upgrades
Hillermann Nursery & Florist is a Certified Toro Design and Installation Contractor
We install complete Toro irrigation systems from small residential systems to large multi-field athletic systems. Our professional staff of designers and installers have many years of water maintenance experience and will help you get the system that is right for your needs.
Hillermann’s irrigation systems are backed by a three-year Toro manufacturers warranty on all parts with some products carrying a full five-year warranty. Along with this, we offer a full one-year warranty on all our installations.
We are fully equipped to service your irrigation system. We provide winter shut down services and spring start up services. We have Missouri Certified Backflow Technicians on staff to provide the required annual backflow test and submit all forms to your water purveyor. We offer a wide array of water saving features to improve your existing irrigation systems efficiency and save you money. We install Toro Irrigation Systems but can service any brand of irrigation system.
For questions or consultation on a time and water saving, professionally designed and installed, small or large irrigating system, please call us at 636-239-6729.
Hillermann’s provides Snow Removal services for the greater Washington area:
Snow Removal Services: Commercial and Residential Property